Take 5 minutes out of your morning/night to educate yourself on this young man LL. The brother was LYNCHED. “Crackertown”, North Carolina. Been gone since the morning of Aug. 29th. Day of his first football game of his senior year. All that hard work in the summer for nothin’. #JusticeForLennonLacy
This needs more light..
racism needs to hurry up and DIE
So he was found hanging, the morning of his first big game that he had been preparing for all year, wearing somebody else’s shoes, with his brand new shoes missing. he had a white girlfriend, openly racist neighbours, confederate flags everywhere, marks on his face indicating he was in a fight just minutes before..
This was not a suicide, no way in hell. This was a modern day lynching.
I hope they get answers soon. Poor boy.
This is a fucking shame.
Went to Bluestockings yesterday, can’t wait to go home and read these: Mayday 1971 or, how to lose street battles and alienate people; The New War Against Terror by Chomsky; A Brief History of the 23rd Precinct; Exodus and Reconstruction: Working-Class Women at the Heart of Globalization
the edge of the world
Ferguson/St. Louis Protester Deray McKesson Speaks Some Truth About Blackness & Being African-American In America: I’ll let Deray’s word speak for themselves. No commentary needed. His words say it all. If you want to read more of Deray’s coverage of Ferguson & St. Louis, click here to access his Twitter.
They put the call out for a Weekend of Resistance. We (myself and other activists) are answering it. If you can’t physically be there with us, there are other ways you can help. Here are at least 6:
• When people on the ground in Ferguson put a ‘Call for Action’ out, respond! If it’s making calls, sending an email, signing a petition etc. Do it!
• DONATE, DONATE, DONATE! Ferguson is a grassroots movement. To sustain it, they need money for bail, supplies etc.
• Retweet/repost tweets & photos from people on the ground as much as possible. This helps everyone else see what’s happening as it happens
• Combat false narratives circulated by media and others online.
• When independent journalists on the ground start streaming live, TUNE IN each & every time. This way we can all bear witness to what is happening in real-time.
• Talk about injustices in Ferguson (and beyond) with friends and loved one. Teach people about militarization in US cities & marginalized groups, racism, police brutality, criminalization etc
The police and military in Ferguson are already gearing up for our arrival so it’s imperative that we all stay vigilant this weekend
I’ll be live-tweeting & documenting (via videos & photos) as much as possible to help expose injustice(s) & highlight the forward progress of the movement, especially the residents of Ferguson who have been doing the work daily
Every single one of us has a role to play in this movement. We don’t always have to be physically present to help. Utilize the tools you have at our disposal to help.
Let’s get to work! ✊
I asked around and I’ve got someone looking for a different address. I’ll post the info as soon as I get it.